Chicken with sage and olive oil
This is a very tasty traditional recipe from Italy for chicken breasts. Do not be put off by the amount of olive oil, as the lemon and sage add extra flavour.
4 chicken breasts
150 ml of Manna Hill Estate extra-virgin organic olive oil
2 or 3 cloves of garlic,
Thinly sliced large handful of fresh sage
2 tbsp of lemon juice
salt and pepper
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken breasts with a sharp knife.
- Place them in a large heavy-based frying pan or saucepan.
- Pour the Manna Hill Estate extra-virgin olive oil over the chicken breasts.
- Add the sage and the sliced garlic to the pan.
- Cook over a medium heat in the olive oil, stirring occasionally. The oil should bubble slightly but not boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken breasts over and cook the other side for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice. Stir well.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Serve with fresh vegetables and fresh crusty bread.