Lentil and olive spaghetti
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Manna Hill Estate organic EVOO.
- 2 large brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 x 800g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 100g pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 375g dried spaghetti pasta
- 100g rocket leaves
- 95g (1 1/3 cups) finely grated parmesan
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until golden. Add tomato paste, tomato, lentils and 2 teaspoons of the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the olives and mint.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain.
Serve pasta and pour over sauce. Add rocket leaves as a side salad